NTFP & Medicinal Plants
- Tinospora Cordifolia (Amrita/Guduchi/ TippaTeega).
- The drug is well known Indian bitter and prescribed in fevers, diabetes, dyspepsia, jaundice, urinary problems, skin diseases and chronic diarrhoea and dysentery.
- Effect on fasting blood sugar, glucose tolerance.
- Tylophora ashtmatica indica: kakkupala.
- Alliterative and as a blood purifier, often used in rheumatism and syphilitic rheumatism.
- Root or leaf powder is used in diarrhea, dysentery and intermittent fever.
- It has diaphoretic and expectorant properties.
- Decalepis hamiltonii (nannari/ Maridugaddalu/ Barre sugandhipala)
- The roots are also used as a substitute for Hemidesmus indicus in the traditional Indian system of medicine because of the similar aromatic properties.
- Presence of aroma, the roots are consumed as pickles and juices.
- Botanical Name:Acalypha indica. Indian Common and Local name:- khokali,kuppi
- The whole plant of this herb collected in its flowering stages; and dried, constituents the drugs Acalypha.
- The properties of this drug resemble those of ipecac.it is useful in broncitis ,asthma, pneumonia and rheumatism.
- Cissus quadrangularis, climbing shrub : Nalleru / Hathjod
- Cissus has been used in various Ayurvedic classical medicines to heal broken bones and injured ligaments and tendons.
- It prefers dry or moist soil and can tolerate drought.
- Obesity Most research shows that taking Cissus quadrangularis extract.
- Gymnema sylvestre is a woody climbing shrub: Podapatri, Madhunasini , Gudmar.
- One of the primary active components in this plant is gymnemic acid, which helps suppress sweetness
- Gymnema may also increase the amount of insulin in the body and increase the growth of cells in the pancreas, which is the place in the body where insulin is made.
- Cassia Auriculata
- Famed as an anti-diabetic herb, Cassia auriculata also known as Avartaki comes from the Caesalpiniaceae family.
- This medicinal plant has been used for a long time to treat several ailments including diabetes, fever, skin infections, female infertility, worm infestation, leprosy, diarrhoea, urinary disorder and digestive issues.
- Cassia Absus
- Traditional medicine Cassia absus L. (chaksu)-pharmacological
- The cardio-vascular actions were not modified by pretreatment with atropine, chloropheniramine, ranitidine or propranolol in vivo.
- Moreover, nicotine induced an increase in arterial blood pressure which was completely abolished by the CA.
Amaltas cassia fistula
- Amaltas-Cassia Fistula.
- Amaltas is the very miraculous herb of Ayurveda known for its properties to kill disease from roots.
- Fruit pulp, seeds, leaf and roots of this plant is used to cure various disorders due to its beneficial medicinal properties.
- Fruit pulp of this plant contains latex, pectin, various colouring agents, sucrose.
- Centella Asiatica
- Centella asiatica is used as a rejuvenating agent to promote youth.
- It is also useful for urinary tract disorder.
- Centella asiatica cures skin infection and diseases, swelling, and chronic ulcers.
- Centella asiatica cures cold, cough, asthma and hoarseness of voice.
- Botanical name: Rauvolfia/Rauwolfia serpentina
Family: Apocynaceae (oleander family)
- Parts Used: Roots.
- Nervous system:It is used in insomnia and irritative conditions of the central nervous system. It causes depletion of catecholamines at the central.
- Centella Asiatica
- Centella asiatica allows blood flow smoothly in the body, increases the count of white blood cell and purifies the blood.
- It helps in enhancing memory and clarity.
- It is used to reduce high blood pressure.
- It also cures arthritis and joint pain.